Sherbrooke, Monday, October 30, 2023 – The Fête du Lac des Nations Promutuel Assurance organization is extremely proud to have won the RECYC-QUÉBEC Residual Materials Management Award at the Les VIVATS Gala, celebrating responsible events, held on Thursday, October 26. The non-profit organization was also one of the finalists for the Social Commitment Award, presented by Loto-Québec.
“This is great recognition! All our efforts over the past few years have paid off. Everyone contributed to making the event greener, including volunteers, partners and festival-goers, and this award goes to all of them,” says Cindy Trottier, General Manager of the Fête du Lac des Nations Promutuel Assurance, presented by Loto-Québec.
This year’s event generated 607 kg less residual materials than last year, with over 20,000 additional festival-goers. This statistic shows that the sustained efforts have been conclusive. Initiatives for 2023 include :
- the introduction of a FREE electric shuttle service and a reduced bus fare of $1, in collaboration with the Sherbrooke Transportation Society (STS);
- the replacement of disposable glasses with reusable ones, in collaboration with the SAQ;
- improved multi-material recycling stations, in collaboration with the City of Sherbrooke, Consignaction and Évirum;
- improved waste sorting, thanks to the Festivals et Événements Verts de l’Estrie (FEVE) team;
- the post-event lake clean-up ;
- and the SOYEZ ÉCOFESTIFS awareness campaign.